Our resume/CV reviewers look for evidence of achievement in the four key skill areas
outlined in what we look for. Here are some useful tips and instructions for submitting
Submitting a CV/resume - General information
To make it easier for us to determine where you might best fit within our organization,
you can take a few simple steps to help us understand your qualifications
- PDF, HTML, or Microsoft Word documents or text formats are
acceptable or you can submit using plain text format
- All resumes and related materials (transcripts, etc.) should
be submitted in English
- Only send essential personal information and be sure to include
your name and how to contact you in the resume, not just your cover letter. Include
your email, phone, and residence address.
Your CV/resume should accurately reflect your academic achievements and accomplishments.
- Your resume should show all post-secondary institutions attended,
degrees conferred, and a cumulative grade point average (if available) for each
- If you completed a "year abroad" program as part of your pre-university
education, feel free to include this in your resume.
- Provide a brief description of any important projects you
completed as part of your coursework.
Your work experience
You may be fresh out of a university, or have substantial work experience and a
history of accomplishments. Either way, we want to know what skills you've acquired
along the way. We'll look closely at the work experience section of your resume,
so the information you provide here is very important.
- List your experience and projects completed accomplishments,
etc. by your position with each employer.
- We also want to see concise, important details on your specific
accomplishments and the impact your efforts had on your company.
- If you worked while attending a university, either during
the summer or concurrent with your course work, be sure to mention this even if
it isn't specifically related to a potential job at Symbyo.
Here at Symbyo, we value talent and intelligence, group spirit and diversity, creativity
and idealism. Tell us what makes you unique!
- Include the names and contact information of 2-3 references.
These can include faculty advisors, co-workers, managers, or others who can talk
knowledgeably about your skills and abilities. We don't need copies of any written
references you already have
- Be sure to include any awards you've received, articles you've
published, or conference presentations you've given. We don't need to see copies
of any awards or publications, just a reference to them.