Data and information are critical corporate assets. Technology in the form of Internet, mobile phones, PDAs, Pocket PCs etc. has made information access easier for geographically spread customers and workforce. But it also provides an anonymous medium for people with malicious intent to target corporate information resources. For enterprises to be efficient & competitive complying with regulatory, statutory and contractual obligations, it is vital that these assets are protected from theft, loss or misuse. Organizations, therefore, require a robust mechanism to detect threats, prevent intrusions and safeguard these assets.
The key operational challenges that organizations face in this arena include:
- Dispersed global workforce
- Managing the growth in number of handheld devices
- Multiplicity of information access
- Data transfer and storage mechanisms
- Malfunctioning systems effected by viruses & malicious software
In the face of these challenges, how can you safeguard your organization from threats and minimize the risk of unfavorable occurrences?